Conflict Resolution Using Movement Analysis
A physical movement of our bodies accompanies every word we speak. These movements can be large and obvious or extremely subtle, but no less significant. Very often, these movements are “heard” more than the spoken word. Equally as often, our feelings and attitudes can be felt even when no words are spoken at all! Conflicts and unspoken tensions arise. How can you de-escalate tensions and resolve conflicts before they begin? How do you foster collaboration and teamwork?
Learning Objectives: This workshop will allow participants to:
- Understand the difference between Movement Analysis and body language.
- Learn new ways to engage leaders, peers and teams/students.
- Practice a powerful tool for breaking down barriers and enhancing communication.
- Take away an innovative approach to build bridges and improve connections.
Summary: Embodied Leadership is a Whole Person approach to workplace connectivity that can also be used in our everyday lives to improve relationships. Participants will build a greater awareness of how they are relating to others and how they can move beyond differences based on race, gender, culture or any other aspect of diversity.
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- H 239
- Professional Development